Thursday, May 21, 2009

Angels & Demons


It's been awhile since I've done a movie post. I feel like it had been forever since I'd been to the actual Movie Theater. (that's what happens when you don't have to be secret friends with someone and only see each other at the central movie theater, but that's a WHOLE different post).

The movie was good. I didn't see The Da Vinci Code or read either of the books so I have nothing to base my opinion on. The plot twists were nice (because I like to be surprised) sadly they were laid out for you to clearly read, even if you never took an AP English class. I mean really I was surprised there wasn't a neon sign at one point that flashed "This is FORESHADOWING". I at one point wished that I could have discussed this instead of Walden, (the train means he's lonely, I still think maybe he just heard a train, but what do I know). I did find myself a little frustrated at the characters and their lack of ability to get things accomplished in what I consider to be a timely manner. But, nothing to bad. Robert Langdon was not your normal crime fighter, he didn't hit or shoot anyone the entire movie, and mostly just ran away from danger. I could have lived without the female character she had very little purpose in my mind. I was truly offended that they killed off one particular character. But, I'm sure I'll get over it. We watched the movie at the Warren Theater and my favorite thing about that theater is the Neon Clocks they put on the wall. Not only was it nice since this movie was SO long (and I really had to use the restroom, it was nice to know exactly how long I'd have to wait) but it also helped me predict the plot of the movie a little better.

My favorite quote of the movie was when Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) said "Faith is a gift I've yet to receive."

1 comment:

Christie said...

if you get a chance to read the da vinci code i'd recommend it. it's a page-turner even if it's not biblically /historically correct.

i watched angels and demons in hungarian. somehow i still got the gist and just thought it was ok. oh well.

tom hanks is getting old, no?