Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm broken

They* say that it takes 28 days to break a habit.

Today marks the 28th day with no coke (I use coke to mean all forms of soda or pop, Whatever you call it, I call it coke) for me. For the most part I only drink water now days, though every once in awhile I'll have a lemonade or a cherry limeade.

The first 4 days were BRUTAL, I had headaches that made me want to give in so badly I could hardly stand it. Lucky for me Natalie and Nate were here to distract me on those days.

About two weeks in I was craving a coke an actual LARGE real COKE with yummy SONIC ICE, I was alone and thought about Sonic, that when I had my first lemonade. And it was wonderful, but not a coke.

I am mostly okay with it now, even though yesterday driving home from Norman I so wanted to go and push the shiny red button at Sonic and order a Dr.Pepper. But, I didn't!

Wednesday marks 30 days and will be a 1o1 achievement (I promise to update soon, I really have been keeping track or real paper). And I said that I will celebrate Thursday with a GIANT ROUTE 44 COKE with easy ice from SONIC (be still my heart). But, in all reality I think that I am going to stick to my guns and not get readdicted to caffeine.

I am not saying that coke is horrible, but I think all things should be done in moderation, and for now while I start (talking about) running I think it is best that I drink as much water as possible and as little coke as possible.

I'll be sure to let you know when I indulge in the pure wonderful bliss of a Styrofoam cup with the perfect little pieces of ice and fountain coke again!

*I'm entirely sure who "they" are but they sure do have lots of opinions on lots of things and most people seem to take most of what they say to heart!

No comments: