Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Do you think we'll get an elephant?

This is our Grammy, she's a pretty awesome Grammy. She has season tickets to the OU football games, and she shares them! She makes the best baked beans, she cleans up after me when I go on some crazy baking spree that doesn't end until the wee hours of the morning and I'm just too sleepy to clean. She makes us pallets on the floor, and let's us listen to Betrix Potter while we fall asleep.



In a few short hours our Grammy is getting on a airplane and flying to Africa!! For an entire month. She'll be training teachers and teaching students at a school down there.




Olivia has requested that our Grammy bring us back an elephant same as what I wanted!! (Liv tells mostly anyone that will listen that elephants are my favorite, so I have no doubt she's planning to share the elephant with me). Obviously elephants don't fit in suitcases, and O had some suggestions to help Grammy get our new little pet home safely, either put her in the airplane or put her on a boat. We will be wanting a small baby elephant so that it can fit easier on the travel home, and we can train it from the time it's small! (I'll let you know how it turns out for us!)


Please keep our Grammy in your thoughts, as she travels on her long journey to Africa. We hope that she will be very safe as the country is a little bit of a scary one, and also that she has the most amazing time soaking in the Africaness and enriching the lives of those she is there to help!

1 comment:

Christie said...

if she brings you one, i'm coming home to pet it.