Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's A Brand New Year!

Okay so I'm a little bit late with the whole goals/resolutions thing...but good news! I've been living them for a few days and I know they should be obtainable!

My 12 in 2012!

1. Strength of mind is exercise, not rest. - Alexander Pope

Finish up my CPA requirements. I need 18 more accounting hours and then 6 more bonus hours. Then the studying and testing can begin!



2. A Sister is a Forever Friend... 

Visit Natalie at school. She always came and visited me when I was in college and now it's my turn to visit her! She loves her house and I can't wait to see it!


3. Blogging is pure vanity. 

Publish 200 posts. I blogged a measly 51 times in 2011, that is so sad. This year I'll make it more of a priority.


4. I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more...
Maybe I'll just start out with 500 miles. I can run, walk, or jog them just get them done!


5. "Sleep is the best meditation." -Dalai Lama
Be in bed every weeknight by 11:30. It boils down to I need more sleep, and I'm kind of a night owl.


6. Dress for the job you want, not the job you have!

Lay out the next days clothes the night before! I spend too much time in the morning, trying to decide what I want to wear. Then half the time I look sloppy.

7. On Wednesday's we wear pink! 

Following the Mean Girls line of thinking, I will only wear my hair in a ponytail (to work) one day a week. It has gotten to the point when my hair girl asks me a question about my hair I don't have an answer because I wear it up so much I forgot...not okay.

8. "I have more memories than if I were a thousand years old." -Charles Baudelaire


I got this book last year and I failed miserably starting in around April. I got a new one for this year, and this year I will stay on top of it! It's only one line a day...I can do it!

9. Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama....
The last two years G and I have taken a vacation the first week of January. Last year was skiing, this year was the cruise. At the end of 2012 I should be finished with school, and we will both turn 30 (what?!?!) so by the end of this year I plan to have something amazing planned!

10. You've Got Mail.


Send 5 pieces of snail mail a month. Easy enough...maybe...


11. "We read to know we are not alone." -C.S. Lewis


I love to read it just comes down to finding the time to do it. Read 12 nonschool books. The problem with me and reading is I cannot get anything done (including sleeping) if I'm reading a book, all I want to do is finish it. 


12. Tractors is so dumb. -Mater


This one kind of makes me almost have a panic attack a little bit. but here it is...Buy a new car. I really really really like having no car payment. And the idea of having to make a big decision like which car to buy haunts me. But, the truth is my air conditioner needs to be replaced and it's not worth putting that much money into my car so I'd be better off getting a new one. *Deep Breaths*


There it is my 12 in 2012. I think this is my last year of doing one resolution/goal that corresponds with the year it seems like it would just get out of hand....

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I need to do this.. So cute!!