Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Movies!

Garrett and I went to two movies last weekend, and watched two at home! I wanted a relaxing weekend and I got it the form of movies!

We saw Total Recall which was good. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen and I kept imagining what the original was like with Arnold Schwarzenegger in it. :) Garrett loved it though and that's saying a lot because he's so super picky when it comes to movies.

Saturday night we saw Hope Springs, it wasn't really what I was expecting. It wasn't funny. I cried. (of course, I cry at everything) It focused on sex a lot, like the entire movie. It just wasn't my thing. The other people in the theater seemed to really like it. It just wasn't our thing. I didn't like It's Complicated and I would say this movie is similar, so if you liked that one go for it.


Sunday we watched The Faculty, which Garrett informed me was THE movie of high school (just aged myself there). I'd never heard of it and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the movie at our high school, but what do I know we spent our weekends watching Evita and Luck of the Irish


Sunday evening we watched The River Wild  It was intense and I cried. It was really good. I did have nightmares that night though. I was a little surprised that Meryl Streep had marital problems in this one too. She's been married for 34 years, for being in an industry where everyone gets divorced like it's no big deal I can only assume it's a pretty happy marriage, but she has the actress in a struggling relationship part down! The movie didn't revolve around the relationship it was just kind of a side thing.

Garrett goes to the movies for the popcorn, and he almost always has it eaten before the previews are over. I used to always wait until the movie started but I've adjusted to his ways :)



No comments: