Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Take Two

Several months ago I set down and made a list of goals. These goals were different than my New Years Goals and the goals on The 101 in 1001 list (which are both going swimmingly).

These goals were life goals.

It's no secret (if you know me) that I thought my life was going to go very differently than it has. From the time I can remember I've said if I wasn't married by the time I was 28 (like that would happen) I'd have a baby alone. But last year as I struggled with the fact that I was turning 27 (it was hard, hard, hard for me) and that was happening it became a reality that I needed to figure out some new life plans. I'm NOT interested in having a baby alone at this point in my life, and I can't sit around being sad about being 27, 28, or oh my lord what was 30 going to be like?!?

So....I came up with some new goals and new things I wanted to accomplish and pushed back my I'll-have-a-baby-alone-at-this-age significantly and sent them to my bestie and we got started (and it really is we because I could not have done it without him)

All of that to say....

I'm a College Student again.

I'm half way through my first semester and it's so different this time around, I do my homework (though I have two midterms next week and I'm procrastinating studying by blogging), go to class, take notes, pay attention you know all the things you're supposed to do but I just was not interested in doing the first time around. So far I'm loving it.  

I'm so excited about the direction everything is headed!

2 comments:

Christie said...

yaaaaay!! so happy for you. great decision! and you're being a very adult almost 28 year old.

way to go! :)

Paige said...

good for you girl!