Friday, January 8, 2010

New Year Goals!

I know I'm a little late in posting these but I wanted to wait for Show Us Your Life over at Kelly's Korner. So I've been waiting for today.

I don't have a very good track record with Resolutions. And I already have my 101 List I'm working on, but I thought I'd go ahead and make some new goals, it is after all a new decade!

I do follow some rules when coming up with goals the most important being I need goals that can be measured, so "eat healthier, exercise more" is not an option. Things that can be achieved (not too much of a stretch) and no things that are a given (turning 28) obviously if I don't live until the end of the year I don't need to beat myself up over it, and feel like a failure! :)

So, I came up with 10 goals for 2010!

1. Have Christmas presents ready by the end of October.

I plan on making a good portion of them and I don't want to be doing it at the last minute (Christmas Eve) like every other year. I will still have some last minute shopping I'm sure but I want the bulk done by October!

2. Attend a SOONERS away game!


I didn't make it to one this season, but next season I'll be at one for sure!

3. Try at least one new recipe a month

Surely I can find the time to try 12 new things I love to cook, but I tend to make the same thing over and over again until everyone is a little bit sick of it!

4. Go on a Cruise


It will happen, right now the plan is the beginning of May.

5.Head to the Big D three times to see those Texas cousins.


I only went once in 2009 and that's just silly. It's too close not to see them more often.

6. Attend an activity of each of the cousins.


I was really slacking on sporting events and concerts and other school activities. A major part of the reason I chose to brave the cold and leave Florida was to be able to be around while these kids grow up and I sure dropped the ball last year.

7. Send/Give Birthday Cards to the kids


I'm already too late to do everyone I've missed too many birthdays (my family is really that huge) So, I'll go for kids this year and everyone next year!

Weight - I know everyone does this and that's why I didn't start with it. The last three goals are to help me reach my weight loss goal. I set a goal for myself to lose 30lbs before I go on the cruise I talked about in # 4.

Weight is the only one that gets rewarded.
10lbs Send in for passport
20lbs book cruise
30lbs go on cruise

8. Track calories daily.


This works.
I know it works. I've used it to lose quite a bit of weight. And yet I just don't do it.

9. Eat lunch out no more than once a month when at work.


When I don't bring my lunch I head out to one of the many fast food establishments or restaurants near my office. I'm spending a ton of money and it isn't healthy. So, I won't do it any more. Once a month I can forget my lunch and that is it!

10. Exercise 2 hours a week
Okay I know two hours a week is pretty much nothing but, it's a start. In 2008 I was doing about that much a day. 2009 not so much. I'm not sure where my motivation went but maybe if I start out slow I work myself back up to more.

1 comment:

Holly Girl said...

Great Goals . . . . You should really try Livestrong.com (The Daily Plate) to track your calories and exercise. After I met my goal with WW, I started doing this to maintain, and I lost about 15 more pounds. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!