Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's Complicated.

Saturday night we went and saw It's Complicated. I had heard lots of good things about it from the powers that be on the internet. Everyone raved about how funny it was. With star studded cast Meryl Streep, Steve Martin, and Alec Baldwin I thought it was sure to be good. A chick flick romantic comedy, but sometimes those are right up my alley.


There is nothing complicated about it. It's just not funny!


I do not agree with the Internets. This movie was not funny. People laughed a lot in the theater. I commented that it sounded like a laugh track, Garrett thought that a laugh track would have been better because it would have tried to laugh at funny parts. Seriously it was like "look at this sandwich" then everyone died laughing. Not. funny. I think we laughed twice each. When no one else was laughing. of course.

Garrett thought that it was an older woman chick flick. Maybe he was right. But, I just don't see it. My personal opinion is that people say it's funny because other people were laughing in the theater and they don't want to feel left out. Maybe I'm biased because I have my own complicated relationships (two of them) that are WAY more entertaining than this movie. Hey Hollywood wanna make people really laugh? Come write down the things that happen in my life. That's complicated. (and probably too unbelievable for anyone to believe)

I have seen Sherlock Holmes and Avatar as well and they both get great reviews from me. Go spend your money on those to and if you must see It's Complicated, RENT IT!


Did you see the movie? What did you think?

No comments: