Monday, January 11, 2010

still friends.

Last week Garrett hurt his back. So badly in fact that his dad came and got him and drove him to the chiropractor on Thursday. He could hardly move and just seemed miserable.

His parents were going to Colorado so I took on the responsibility of caring for the whiny baby poor guy. His dad offered to cancel their trip, but I thought I could handle it.

It turns out Garrett is kinda like me when he is hurt or sick.

NEED-freaking-Y!

It's funny how much I love taking care of people, catering to the every whim, UNTIL I have to do it. Oh my lord I do not know how we made it through the weekend friends.

"Pookie (he never calls me Ashlee) I need a pillow"

so I stop what I am doing and take him a pillow get it set up how he wants it a resume my activity.

"Pook, a bigger pillow"

take him a "bigger pillow"

"I need a smaller pillow too"

take him every pillow I can find.

"Can I get a blanket too"

and this went on ALL weekend long!

We didn't kill each other though. And I decided my reward for being the best caretaker ever was the Melting Pot! ha!

I'm sitting in Panera (because I am waiting to pick Garrett up from work (he still can't drive)). Know that I'm working on my 101 list and I have some other blog updates as soon as I can find my camera cord.

1 comment:

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

So I'm really late coming by your blog, but first of all, thanks for stopping by mine, and second of all - you are hilarious!! Love your blog and writing style...looking forward to following along!! :)