Thursday, January 28, 2010

rain, rain you don't have to go away

Just please don't destroy the power lines and leave us with no electricity when you turn into ice.

kthnxbye

In honor of the fact that I'm in Norman, waiting for ICE STORM 2010, I thought I'd share with you the pictures from BLIZZARD 2009. You know the one that made me spend Christmas away from my family! For the first time in my life I didn't open even one present on Christmas. sad right.

The view out the front door.


Garrett threw some snowballs at me.
Did you know snowballs hurt when they hit you?
This Florida girl did not!
but thought maybe this would work better


I was able to move out of the way in time!


Some of the snow we shoveled.
That's freaking hard work!


There was a white out in Norman.
If you're from Florida, this means you can't see a thing because the snow is blowing so hard.
Clay, Brooke, and the Kids were stuck in the car for 12 hours
and had to turn around and go home.
it. was. crazy.


When we finally decided to try and leave there were abandoned cars EVERYWHERE.
I counted about 150 in the 30 miles between Garrett's and Grammy's
That doesn't count the ones where the roads were so bad I had to give my full attention to the road.


Then something horrible happened.


I got stuck on the side of the road.
Garrett called almost the second it happened.
His Dad and him came to my rescue.
But, I had to wait in the car on the side of the road for about an hour.


In that hour I waited two people stopped and offered to help me for $20 cash only.
Can you believe when I told them I only had a checkbook they left me
STRANDED
on the side of the road on
CHRISTMAS!!!
So, much for the Christmas spirit.

So, here's hoping that this ice storm isn't as eventful. And, at least this time we have food, which we did not have last time!

No comments: