Monday, February 1, 2010

Movie Monday.

It's that day of the week again I'll let you know what movies I watched last week and what I thought about them.

In no particular order here they are:

At the beginning of Surrogates I really thought the movie had potential it was a new idea, it could have been a good movie. I thought to myself I sure hope this isn't one of those movies where the robots get minds of their own and attack the humans, good news it's not. But, I was still able to predict what was going to happen in parts, so I would call it a little predictable. It was a new idea but it was kind of silly. I like Bruce Willis but the other actors did not do such a great job acting. I don't have anything insightful to say about this movie, it was rather blah, just a movie. It's worth renting, but you might want to use your free rental.

I went into to this movie with the expectation that the movie wasn't going to be as good as the book. However, I was super, super disappointed with The Lovely Bones, but show me a book that Hollywood hasn't ruined. I l-o-v-e love this book, like it might be my favorite book ever, it is top 10 for sure. I know that Hollywood ruins all the books I love. (Harry Potter, My Sister's Keeper, don't even get me started on The Cat in the Hat) I hadn't read LB in awhile so the details weren't fresh in my mind, but my favorite part (a rather LARGE part) of the book was mostly left out, and when they did touch on it, it was wrong. Completely changed they made something wonderful into something kooky and ridiculous. They really didn't put the focus where it should have been. Seriously did Peter Jackson even read the book? Garrett went and watched it with me and having never read the book he was also let down, n0t because they ruined a good book, but because he really wanted it to be more of a investigative movie, or at least that we hadn't known who the killer was from the getgo. IMHO the problem with this movie was there was no focus.
As much as it pains me to say this It's not even a renter.


Edge of Darkness. We've all seen this movie before, probably even starring Mel Gibson. Mel Gibson stays true to form avenging the death of a loved one. The story wasn't new, the characters weren't new but, they did the same old thing well. I would say this one is a renter mainly so you can put on your closed captioning to understand what is going on, there was one character that unintelligible.


Did you see anything good last week?

No comments: