Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Food-in-a-jar

I decided to give these salad-in-a-jar and fruit-in-a-jar from Pinterest a try this week. 


If I can make a healthy lunch on Sunday and it stay good for lunch all week I'll be so happy! I made some extra salads and since they are so big I can use them for Garrett and I to eat with our dinner! If it works then next week I may make two different kinds so I don't get bored. 

This week I did my own homemade dressing (Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Honey), green bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, chicken (but only in the first 3 (because I was worried how long the chicken would stay good for)) some turkey pepperonis (because I was making pizza at the same time), almonds, cranberries, smoked gouda (my very favorite salad ingredient) and then mixed greens! Delish!

For the fruit I did apples, blue berries, banana, and pineapples (which one blog said would keep everything from turning brown!) 

So far they stayed great for two days! I'll be sure to report back how they do the rest of the week!

ps. we are all moved in to the new house, and while studying hasn't slowed down (it's SPED up) I feel a little less like I'm struggling to stay on top of everything so maybe I'll blog some more this fall!

No comments: