It's quiet around here no going out or drinking, we've been in our pjs since 4:00 and I honestly can't imagine a better way to welcome in the new year. After a crazy busy running-around-like-chickens year it's nice to end it in a peaceful way.
Let's take a look at how I did on last year's resolutions...tomorrow I'll post 12 for 2012!
1. Reach My Goal Weight. Fail. I am disappointed in myself for pretending that this resolution didn't exist, and not even getting close. I won't make any excuses I just didn't stick to any kind of plan....
2. Stay on Track at School. Completed! I finished 18 hours of classes in 2011 keeping me right on schedule! Not only did I complete all the hours I should have but I got all As (let me tell you how good that feels!)
3. Attend the OU vs. fsu game. Fail. In the grand scheme of things it just didn't work out. I was disappointed and regretted my decision almost immoderately. It came down to being scared we would lose, and being so busy with school.
4. Read 12 non Academic Books. Completed! Some of them were terrible easy beach reads because that was all I had time for, but at least I was reading something other than accounting text books!
5. Once a Week Blog a Recipe. Fail. I didn't even blog an average of once a week this hear (shameful!) and I stopped cooking....
6. Cook 6 Meals for the Ronald McDonald House. Fail. I didn't have/make the time. The 3 day took priority in the volunteering slot this year...
7. No Traffic Violations. Completed! and let me tell you many of days I had to remind myself that this was a resolution of mine so I would slow down! It also helps I moved so much closer to work/school.
8. Save, Save, Save! I spent more than I should have but I did alright on saving too...I kind of forgot what I wanted the number in my savings account to be...so let's call this one neutral.
9. Establish a Skin Care Routine. Fail. Not much to say on this one I just am not the best at taking care of my skin.
10. Exercise 3 Times a Week. I am sure I averaged 3 times a week BUT I there were some weeks with more and some with less. I'll call this one mostly a fail because I did not get in a routine.
11. 365 Picture Challenge. Fail. I still think this is an awesome idea, but lots and lots of days I do the same thing: school, work, study. That gets boring to take pictures of...but now that I have an iphone it would be easier...so maybe I'll try again.
Well those may be my worst odds yet! 3completed 2 kind of completed and 6 were a BIG FAT FAIL.
It's really crazy how your goals change throughout the year. This year was mostly all about doing my very best in school, everything else took a backseat it's so important to me to really excel now that I've found something I really love to do.
2012 I really must work on finding some balance....
I hope you are having a wonderful time ringing in 2012!