Friday, December 2, 2011

You did what?

Garrett called me on Monday and asked me if I wanted to run a 5k race this weekend.

I was like sure! why not!

(it sounded like so much fun my brain forgot to remember that I haven't run in TEN months!)

When the panic set in, after that little bit of information was remembered, Garrett was like no big deal you just walked 60 miles in three days worse comes to worse you'll just walk the race no big deal.

Right! I can walk 3 measly miles no big deal! I bet I can even run part of them.

I.AM.AWESOME! (that's what my head was saying anyway)

I was even kinda pumped.

Then the registration email came through....

and it said blah blah blah bah you are signed up to run the 10k on 12/3.

I'm sorry what did that say? 10k? IS THIS EVEN REAL? I have not run one step in TEN MONTHS. I can't run 6 miles....that boy is INSANE!

When I called him he repeated his earlier advice you can always just walk it.

So that's cool tomorrow I'm supposed to run 6.4 miles in the rain with the wind blowing 30 miles an hour in the freezing cold.


Have I mentioned I have not run in 10 months?


I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.....

2 comments:

Cori H. said...

Oh gosh! Good luck! :)

Giant Sis said...

how'd it go??? did you kill him afterwards?