Tuesday, January 8, 2013

One Week Meat Free



I haven't eaten meat in a week, and I can honestly say I don't miss it. Yet. 

Since my sister has been a vegetarian for the last 11 years I really understand the importance of making sure you are getting enough protein. I am being much more deliberate about what I'm eating and I think it's working! I still have lots of work to do but I am getting there! 

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't get a little bit sad when people talk about bacon, I love bacon. I mean who doesn't? 

When I decided to go a year without eating meat I knew that I could replicate anything I wanted except for pork, there is just no substitute for barbecue or bacon. Both of my favorite burger places make veggie burgers that are just as good as the beef and portobello mushrooms are super meaty. 

I'm sure the cravings will come but so far so good!




No comments: