Saturday, December 12, 2009

all things mini

First let me say that I realize yesterday's post hardly counted as a post. But, I was planning to blog when we returned home from our movie and we ended up going to the late movie which would put me in to today. So, I blogged from my pocket during the movie. *grin*

Brothers was not nearly as good as I had anticipated. It could have been done much better. But, sometimes that happens. Next weekend Lovely Bones starts and I cannot wait. The book is in my top five favorite books of all time, it may even be the number one. It has a lot to live up to but I'm excited for Natalie to get here so we can watch it together!

Here are the deserts that I made for Thanksgiving, I tested and tested to find out what pie crust was the best. I used four different from scratch recipes and tried them against all-ready-made crust (which got a unanimous not good vote).

There was Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Pie (neither of which I eat, so I didn't even try one of them. I tested the crust (which I don't like) and the filling (which I don't like). So, I had to trust my tasters (Garrett, Brent, and Grammy) to tell me if they were good or not. I got nothing but praise. Well, except when Garrett told me my pumpkin pie filling was not as good as his Mom's (don't worry I fixed it and used her exact recipe.) And, of course cupcakes with my secret frosting. I did white cake with vanilla frosting, white cake with chocolate frosting, chocolate cake with white frosting, chocolate with chocolate frosting. Garrett says I make the very best cake he has ever tasted, and the best frosting. I have the best plan for his birthday cake. shhhh don't tell him. I think it should be AMAZING!

I made so many mini deserts that if I never make another one it might be too soon. Rolling out the dough and cutting the smallest pie crusts ever and then repeating was a ton of work. By Thanksgiving my arms were so sore from all the rolling. Here is a better idea of how many I made.


If you want the recipe for Mini Pumpkin Pies or Mini Pecan Pies let me know. I'm sorry, but I won't share my cupcake or frosting recipe, I worked super hard to perfect it. But, I'd love to make you some!!

No comments: