Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Recap!


On Friday G called and said let's go to the Tulsa Fair after work see if you can leave early! Never one to say no to an adventure I met up with him to head to the land of fried food!

I offered to drive on the way up so I could listen to my book on cd and this is what was going on in the passenger seat.... 

                 


Typical Garrett falls asleep as soon as he gets in the car (which I think is quite the talent I can only fall asleep in a bed) (also he's gonna kill me if he comes to my blog anytime in the near future)

As soon as we got to the fair we headed to the fried cheese curds. They were good but they were not even close to the ones at the OK State fair. We will be dreaming about those until next year. 


Every article I read about the Tulsa fair said you had to eat the Fredie's Apple Fries. They were good but I honestly don't think I would get them again. They weren't my favorite fair food. 




I was super excited to try the chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick but even though it was on the fair's website the vendor said they didn't have it. So sad!

We also had corn on the cob, s'more on a stick, and kettle corn. Nothing looked all that tasty and it was starting to get a little scary after dark so we headed back home.

I don't think I'll be making the trip to the Tulsa fair again. The Oklahoma State fair is closer and overall I think they have more (and better) food choices.

Saturday I went to my cousin's football game sadly I have no pictures because even though I took my camera I decided I was jinxing the team because the one time I went to take a picture my cousin got tackled. ha! It's only weird if it doesn't work :) and they ended up winning 28-20 so it worked! My little rockstar cousin scored 3 touchdowns and got a few amazing sacks!

Then of course it was time to watch OU (barely) beat tcu in a nail biter. A win is a win though so we'll take it!

And this week is officially OU/sɐxǝʇ week! 


No comments: